Monday, May 16, 2011

Questions and Answers for the Caribana Newbie!!!!

 After convincing several friends to play mas for the first time this year, I have been asked several questions from the Caribana newbies (yes Jamz this one is for you! lol)

By no means am I trying to suggest I am an expert, but one thing is for sure Caribana is definitely one of my favoirte times of the year!!! (Friends can attest to this lol) Over the years I have learnt a few things to make Caribana preparation easier. (Yes I said preparation... lol even though it is one day of fun prep and planning definitely comes into play (well for me at least lol))  

Sooooo with that said for the next two months any questions which I am asked in regards to playing mas or Caribana I will post. Feel free to join the conversation and add your thoughts!!!! 

This is a collaborative effort, so sharing information, opinions and ideas is definitely welcome! = ) 

QUESTION: Where do I go to see pictures of costumes?
ANSWER: Unofficial pictures from the launches are often posted on information sharing and event sites (example Torontolime, Islandmix, or blogs) Official pictures are posted on the band's website and usually display the costume from different angles and up close.

QUESTION: Where do I find information on registration and when does it start?
ANSWER: Many bands make use of social marketing and communication (facebook, twitter, blogs, websites) A quick review of those sites may be the easiest place to find accurate and up to date information. You may also contact the band directly (email or phone) to obtain further information.

*** With all the hype surrounding registration the next Q&A series will be "Which section are YOU in? The decision to STICK WITH YOUR CREW or HOLD IT DOWN SOLO" **** 


3 comments:

  1. Caribana is one of your favourite times of year? I would have NEVER guessed. Especially not because of this blog! Lol.

    Great post series idea! Can't wait to see the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I'm glad I can still keep you guessing :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's important to play in something that you like. You can always meet up with your friends after you cross the stage. But you will not have any fun on the day if you are not in something that you love.

    ReplyDelete